A parish church, from about 1250, located in Kirkjubøur in southwestern Streymoy.
It is Faroe Islands oldest church still in use. The church is named after the Norwegian King Olav den Hellige (995-1035), and from 1111 to 1538 the Faroe Islands had its own diocese with Olav Church as the main church.
The 21.8 meter long and 7.5 meter wide church is built of boulders, which is white plastered on both sides. The present church tower was built in 1855
On the church’s north wall shows a small hole where the lepers until 1740 outside had to follow the service. In this way they could also participate in the aisle.
The altarpiece, which depicts a fishing boat, painted by Sámal Mikines. The entrance gate glass art is made of Tróndur Patursson
Church Service is on the first Sunday in every month at 11:00