The church of Funningur


The church of Funningur is a dexterous masterpiece from 1847, that is manufactured with art both on the inside and on the outside. The combining colors of the ancient and unpainted wooden walls inside the church, gives a comforting feeling of perfect stillness. Inside the church there is an unpainted figure of Christ from the first church in the village, that was built around 1690.

Church attendance

In the summer, attendance is on Sundays at 11am and in the winter at 12am.


Niðri í Túni 1
475 Funningur

Opening hours