There has been a church in Mikladalur for centuries, and several churches were constructed on the same location. A church is mentioned in a legal case from 1646, but it is uncertain how many churches have been there since then. It is evident that churches were erected in 1817 and 1859. Today’s church was consecrated in 1915. The altarpiece was painted by Jógvan Waagstein and depicts a boat caught in a storm. It was made on the request of the church members in the parish, which includes Mikladalur and Trøllanes.